Bubbles and more
Information about this artwork
This ceramic wall sculpture is made from spheres thrown on the potters wheel, cut up and joined together to create a whole form.
Medium: Stoneware, vitreous slips, clear glaze, multiple fired to a final temperature of 1220c.
Dimensions: H24 W78 D6cm
- Original handmade wall sculpture sold as a set of three pieces.
- Ready to be displayed indoors only. It has multiple holes on the back so that it can be positioned on the wall with strong nails or screws.
- Signed on the back of each piece, includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Ships in a securely packed cardboard box "box within a box" protected by bubble wrap and loose fill.
- 7 day return period if your not happy with your order.
Cactus not included!
This wall ceramic sculpture is part of my Closed Sculpture Series. It explores combined forms that inclose space.
I wanted to continue exploring wall sculptures as the sculptures take on a different presence on the wall as compared to a freestanding sculpture. The inspiration was very much process driven as I was looking at ways to combine spheres thrown on the potters wheel. However sometimes I take inspiration from clouds. I then used colour and patten to brake up the form and to enhance its curiosity.