Information about this artwork
This ceramic sculpture was made from cylinders thrown on the potters wheel that Ithen cut up and joined together.
Medium: Stoneware, vitreous slips, clear glaze, multiple fired to a final temperature of 1260c.
Dimensions: H12 W21 D14cm
- Ready to be displayed indoors only.
- Original handmade free standing sculpture, includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Ships in a securely packed cardboard box "box within a box" protected by bubble wrap and loose fill.
- 7 day return period if your not happy with your order.
- Payment Plan Available. Click here to learn more.
This ceramic sculpture falls under my series called Open Sculptures. These investigate ways of seeing inside and out space using colour and line. The intention is to draw and scatter the eye to investigate different parts of the form simultaneously.
The inspiration behind this work stems from my fascination with stone circles in the UK such as Stonehenge. They are places full of mystery, it invites me to ask questions and imagine. The sculpture suggests an architectural presence and can also relate to clouds.