Information about this artwork
This ceramic sculpture is made from mugs thrown on the potters wheel then cut and joined together and combined with slab built components.
Medium: Earthenware, pink, yellow, blue glaze and matt glaze. Fired too 1090c.
Dimensions: H19 W30cm D30cm
- Ready to be displayed indoors only.
- Original handmade free standing sculpture, signed on the back, includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Ships in a securely packed cardboard box "box within a box" protected by bubble wrap and loose fill.
- 7 day return period if your not happy with your order.
- Payment Plan Available. Click here to learn more.
This ceramic sculpture is part of my Closed Sculpture Series. It explores combined contrasting forms that inclose space.
With this ceramic sculpture I wanted to express my interpretation of living in our current society of materialism. I tried to highlight the way we as humans consume products and how it may potentially be thrown away and potentially be devalued. In some way I guess it also explores the value of the maker of a product and their identity in a mass consumer society.