Contemplating the sky
Information about this artwork
This ceramic sculpture is made from spheres thrown on the potters wheel then cut up and joined together combined with a slab built component to create a whole form.
Medium: Stoneware, vitreous slips, clear glaze, purple glaze, multiple fired to a final temperature of 1230c.
Dimensions: H16.5 W20cm D24
- Ready to be displayed indoors only.
- Original handmade free standing sculpture, signed on the back, includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Ships in a securely packed cardboard box "box within a box" protected by bubble wrap and loose fill.
- 7 day return period if your not happy with your order.
- Payment Plan Available. Click here to learn more.
This ceramic sculpture is part of my Closed Sculpture Series. It explores combined contrasting forms that inclose space.
The inspiration behind this sculpture came from my continued interest in Stonehenge and stone circles in the UK and its link to the sky and clouds. For me clouds symbolise, spirituality, entering another space, contemplation and curiosity with what happens when we die. This all relates back to my personal experience of people close to my life passing away. Importantly though I would like to leave space for the imagination and curiosity. What happens when we die?