Between UK Taiwan Japan and Germany
Information about this artwork
This ceramic sculpture is made from cones that were thrown on the potters wheel then cut up and joined together to create a whole form.
Medium: Stoneware, vitrious slips, clear glaze, image transfers,multiple fired to 1220c with a final transfer firing of 790c.
Dimensions: W32 H23cm D17
- Ready to be displayed indoors only.
- Original handmade free standing sculpture, includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Ships in a securely packed cardboard box "box within a box" protected by bubble wrap and loose fill.
- 7 day return period if your not happy with your order.
- Payment Plan Available. Click here to learn more.
This ceramic sculpture falls under my series called Open Sculptures. These investigate ways of seeing inside and out space using colour and line. The intention is to draw and scatter the eye to investigate different parts of the form simultaneously.
The inspiration behind this work stems from my fascination with stone circles in the UK such as Stonehenge. They are places full of mystery, it invites me to ask questions and imagine. The sculpture suggests an architectural presence and can also relate to clouds. It is also partly inspired by my travels through Taiwan, Japan and Germany. I used pictures (transfers) to symbolise different countries. I wanted to communicate a fusion of different cultures and the experience of crossing in-between different spaces.