Information about this artwork
This ceramic sculpture is made from singular cones that were thrown on the potters wheel, cut up and joined together to create a whole form.
Medium: Porcelain, vitreous slips, clear glaze, multiple fired to a final temperature of 1220c.
Sculpture Dimensions: H23 W23 D15
- Ready to be displayed indoors only.
- Original handmade free standing sculpture.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Ships in a securely packed cardboard box "box within a box" protected by bubble wrap and loose fill.
- 7 day return period if your not happy with your order.
- Payment Plan Available. Click here to learn more.
This ceramic sculpture falls under my series called Open Sculptures.
These investigate ways of seeing inside and out space using colour and line. The intention is to draw and scatter the eye to investigate different parts of the form simultaneously.
With this ceramic sculpture I have continued to investigate space through a geometric from to invite curiosity and an experience.
I also decided to use porcelain to open up a new possibility as I like the whiteness of its colour.
I called this piece Sumer Vibes as the colours got me thinking about the heat of the summer, I picture myself enjoying a ice-cream!